- Our Wines
- Wine Club
- News & Events
- Our Story
2 carrots, diced
1/2 small celeriac, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 onion, diced
1 parsnip, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
¾ cup (185 ml) extra virgin olive oil, divided
½ cup (125 ml) butter, cut in small pieces, divided
10 oz (300 g) cubed wild boar loin
1/3 oz (10 g) Guanciale bacon, julienned
Thyme and rosemary, finely chopped
1/3 oz (10 g) dry porcini mushrooms, soaked in hot water
1 ¼ cups (310 ml) red wine
1 2/3 cups (410 ml) veal stock
Salt and black pepper
6 oz (180 g) fresh tagliatelle pasta
2 tbsp (30 ml) flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. In a Dutch oven, cook the vegetables in some olive oil and butter.
2. Add the wild boar meat and cook until golden brown. Taste, and then season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the guanciale bacon, thyme, rosemary and mushrooms.
4. Sprinkle in a bit of flour, then add red wine and let the wine reduce. Add the veal stock and let it come to a boil.
5. Cover pot and place in a preheated 285°F (140°C) oven for approximately 2 ½ hours, or until the meat has softened.
6. When the ragout is ready, toss it with cooked tagliatelle pasta, freshly chopped parsley mixed with fresh butter and extra virgin olive oil.
7. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with pecorino shavings.